Have you been planning to build your dream kitchen? You do not need to wait anymore. Visit Newline’s showroom in Nairobi, have a sit down with their designers and let them help you bring your dream to reality…
FACTORS TO CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING A KITCHEN
Before selecting a kitchen, there are important things to be considered. From picking the right style to finding a kitchen designer and agreeing on the kitchen layout, and more. However tempted you are to visit a showroom and choose your design, you must take your time to know what you want. Give each step time and consideration required to achieve your kitchen goals.
1. Know Your Needs – Do you simply need a place to prepare meals, or are you dreaming of a multifunctional area where you can also have lunch or dinner with family and friends?. First, have a clear picture of the ideal kitchen you want. Consider your kitchen must-haves and write them down. Involve a kitchen designer who will ensure your kitchen is tailored to your specific needs. A kitchen designer knows products, fixtures, fittings and pricing. They will help ensure your ideal kitchen works as efficiently as possible.
2. Budget/Pricing – A new kitchen is an expensive purchase and it takes most people up to a year to plan and order a new kitchen. Setting your total budget figure will be one of the first things you will need to do. Always be honest about your budget so that your designer can help you decide where to save and where to invest. You will find many choices based on your needs hence your budget and pricing in the market may not match. So, you will make the best selection based on quality, durability and sustainability, also the after sales services offered when the project is complete.
3. Quality – Consider the quality of kitchen cabinet material from wood, acrylics and laminates, to ensure that they stay in optimal condition for years to come. Always go for the best countertops you can afford, as they are one of the most essential elements of any kitchen. Granite, composite and solid surfaces are all good investments as they are tough, durable and will give your kitchen a luxurious finish. Kitchen appliances such as cooker, microwave, oven, fridge, and items as taps and sink, should be of good quality.
4. Layout and Functionality – Make sure your kitchen suits you and your lifestyle. It is recommended that all kitchens should be designed using the work triangle concept. This means that there should be a natural pathway between the sink area, the cooker area and the fridge. A practical kitchen design should have cabinets for storage purpose. Additionally, there should be sufficient countertop space between these areas to ensure maximum efficiency. You should have enough space for you to work comfortably.
5. A Kitchen Company to Work With – Choose a kitchen company that offers best sales and after sales services. Get to understand their products and work, know projects they have completed. Their work process: site visitation, materials to be used, pricing, duration of the project, etc. After sales services should be considered. Warranty services include back-ups of selected items for a selected period of time. In case of replacement of something and on-site repair work they are able to sort you out.
Newline Limited is a manufacturer of kitchen cabinets established in Nairobi (Kenya) in 1998, which offers a range of modular kitchen cabinets that are following current market trends. The company’s kitchen cabinets are designed to accommodate clients’ needs and come with a wide array of accessories. Newline also provides the necessary kitchen equipment that accentuates kitchen usability, and offers 5 years after sales services and warranty.
For more information, please visit: newline.co.ke.